1. How do I register?
2. What are the differences between Guest, Public and License Business Buyer accounts?
At IAA, you can register as a licensed business, a public buyer or a guest.
Licensed Business Buyer Registration:
Buyers that hold the appropriate license for purchasing vehicles in their state may register by completing the online form and then submitting the necessary documents via fax, e-mail or mail. If you are not sure, contact Buyer Services to see if you have the appropriate license to purchase in your state.
Public Buyer Registration:
Buyers that do not have a dealer or auto recycling license but still want to purchase in states that allow public buying may register by completing the online form and then submitting the necessary documents via fax, e-mail or mail. Contact Buyer Services to verify if public buying is allowed in your state.
Guest Registration:To view our auctions as a guest, complete the online form and submit your email address. You will be given the ability to view auctions without the ability to bid.
To learn more about our various registration types, please go to our Registration Page.
3. How do I qualify as a Buyer?
The type of account you have with us determines your buying capability and Auction Center access.
- Guest registration gives you access to the Auction Center and its non-bidding functions. You can view auctions without the ability to bid on vehicles.
Public Buyer registration allows you to bid at facilities open to the public and on inventory available to the public. The cost of registration for a Public Buyer account is $200 per year.
Licensed Business Buyer registration allows you to bid at all locations where you meet licensing requirements. A Licensed Business Buyer account has an annual fee of $200. Additional bidders can be added to a Licensed Business Buyer account for an annual cost of $75 per additional bidder.
4. What licenses do I need?
Qualification is based on the type of account you wish to open. To become a public buyer, we require the completed and signed registration form, a Government issued photo ID with signature and the registration payment. To become a Licensed Business Buyer, you need to submit the completed and signed registration, government-issued photo ID with signature, and all licenses on which you wish to base your bidding privileges, and the registration payment. Learn more about becoming a registered Buyer.
5. How long does it take to register?
- As a Licensed Business Buyer, you can bid on all vehicles for which you hold the proper license. Contact Buyer Services to verify if you have the proper licensure to bid in your state.
- As a Public Buyer, you do not need a business license. You will be able to bid at facilities that are open to Public Buyers, on vehicles that can be sold to public buyers. Remember, even if a facility is open to the public, it does not mean that all inventory is available to be bid on by the public.
6. I submitted a request for login info this morning, why don’t I have it?
Applications are processed in the order they are received. The time to set up your account may vary depending on the volume of applications at the time you register and completeness of the registration documents submitted. Please contact Buyer Services to check the status of your registration.
7. How can I add bidders to my account?
Auction Center Login ID requests are processed in the order they are received. All login information is sent via e-mail. Please also check your spam folder to ensure our e-mail has not been diverted there.
8. Why must my registration be finalized by fax, email or mail?
Licensed Business Buyers have the ability to add additional bidders to their IAA Buyer account. Additional bidder registration requires the completion of the additional bidder request form (signed by the owner and additional bidder), a copy a government-issued photo ID for the additional bidder, and the $75 annual registration fee. Each additional bidder is provided a unique login ID and password. Account owners have the ability to extend and restrict additional bidders’ access on their account.
9. I forgot my password – now what?
We need a signed registration form as well as all other required registration documents.
10. How will I know when my account needs to be renewed?
To retrieve your password, follow the “Forgot my password” link that appears when you enter an incorrect password and answer your secret question, or contact Buyer Services. They can e-mail a new password to the e-mail address on file.
At any time throughout the year, you can see your account’s expiration date in the Profile section of the My Auction Center page.