PayPal® Frequently Asked Questions
PayPal is one of the safest and most convenient ways to perform monetary transactions online. Find answers to your PayPal online payment questions here.
- What is PayPal?
PayPal is a worldwide online payments system that allows users to pay with multiple payment options.
- Why should I use PayPal?
IAA buyers who use PayPal have additional payment and financing options. Using PayPal gives buyers access to financial services that are unavailable through other IAA payment methods. It is a secure way to transfer funds online and allows for mobile access through the IAA Buyer App (Android or iOS) or PayPal App.
- What payment options are available to set-up through PayPal?
- Your bank accounts
- Credit & debit cards | Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express
- PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account
- PayPal financing/credit (based on approval from PayPal)
- How do I create a PayPal account?
- Visit PayPal using your Chrome Browser
- On IAAI.com: During checkout, you will see PayPal listed as a method of payment. Select it to create a new account.
- On the IAA Buyer App: During checkout, you will see PayPal listed as a method of payment. Select it to create a new account.
- I live outside the U.S. Will you accept PayPal with my payment-methods set-up?
Yes. PayPal is available for both U.S. and Non-U.S. buyers. It offers global, non-U.S. buyers more payment and financing options.
- How do I use PayPal via IAAI.com?
When checking out, you will see PayPal listed as a payment option. Select it and sign-in to your PayPal account to complete your transaction. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can create a new one on the PayPal site.
- What can I pay for using PayPal?
- New IAA registration
- Auto-renewal of your IAA registration
- Vehicle purchases
- Vehicle transportation purchased online
- All vehicle fees
- What is my credit limit when paying with PayPal?
Your credit limit reflects your financial institutions' credit limits; every buyer limit will differ according to their selected payment methods credit limit.
- Can I make split payments using PayPal and another form of payment?
No, split payments are not supported.
- Can I make a payment with PayPal at a local IAA branch?
No, this payment method is only available online via IAAI.com or the IAA Buyer App.
- Who do I contact if I have a payment issue when I use PayPal?
Depending on the issue you are encountering, please contact IAA Customer Support or PayPal Support.
- How do I cancel a PayPal payment?
Please contact IAA Customer Support with any questions about canceled payments.
- Can I get a refund if I use PayPal as a payment method?
Please contact IAA Customer Support with any questions regarding refunds.
- Is there a fee to use PayPal?
There is a cash discount forfeited fee of 3.25%.
- Can I unlink my PayPal account as the default payment method?
Yes, you can find the option to unlink your account on your IAA profile page.